Blue Belt Red Tag - 3rd Kup
Is the pen name of the noted scholar Yi Hwang (16th Century), an authority on neo-Confucianism. The 37 movements of the pattern refer to his birthplace on 37° latitude and the diagram represents ‘scholar’.
No. of movements – 37
Red - Signifies danger, cautioning the student to exercise control and warning the opponent to stay away.
- High Backfist Side Strike - Nopunde Dung Joomuk Yop Taerigi
- Low Upset Fingertip Thrust - Najunde Dwijibo Sonkut Tulgi
- High Flat Fingertip Thrust - Nopunde Opun Sonkut Tulgi
- Knee Upward Kick - Moorup Ollyo Chagi
- Low Side Front Snap Kick - Najunde Yop/Ap Cha Busigi
- High Double Forearm Block - Nopunde Doo Palmok Makgi
- X-Fist Pressing Block - Kyocha Joomuk Noollo Makgi
- Outer Forearm W-Shaped Block - Bakat Palmok San Makgi
- Low Double Forearm Pushing Block - Najunde Doo Palmok Miro Makgi
- Low Knifehand Guarding Block - Najunde Sonkal Daebi Makgi