Red Belt - 2nd Kup
Is named after the Hwa-Rang youth group which originated in the Silla Dynasty in the early 7th century. The 29 movements refer to the 29th Infantry Division where Taekwon-Do developed into maturity.
No. of movements – 29
Black - Opposite of white, therefore signifying maturity and proficiency in Taekwon do. It also indicates the wearers imperviousness to darkness and fear.
- Side Elbow Thrust - Yop Palkup Tulgi
- High Side/Front Inner Forearm Block - Nopunde Yop/Ap An Palmok Makgi
- Palm Pushing Block - Sonbadak Miro Makgi
- Vertical Stance - Soo Jik Sogi
- Downward Knifehand Strike - Naeryo Sonkal Taerigi
- Upward Punch - Ollyo Jirugi
- High Turning Kick - Nopunde Dollyo Chagi